In response to the increased use of alternate communication channels for help seekers, many iCarol clients are adding Messaging to their iCarol systems. Using Messaging, you can communicate with your help seekers via chat or text. As with other areas of iCarol, sometimes issues can arise that require making a report to the iCarol Support Team. The preferred method to communicate with the iCarol Support Team is to submit a case via the Online Case Management Tool. Please click here for more information on how to submit a case. When the issue is in regards to iCarol Messaging however, there is another tool that we encourage you to use to report issues with this area of iCarol.
This tool is called the Report Incident Tool and is found at the bottom of the counselor’s screen when addressing a Messaging conversation.
Any user can us this tool to report an issue. When one clicks Report Incident, a small form will appear in a pop-up window. Please enter a concise Subject that describes the issue, and then use the Description text box to further describe the issue in as much detail as possible.
Once the security code is entered, and the “Report Incident” button clicked, a case will be created and sent to the iCarol Support Team. This case will also appear in the Online Case Management tool. All cases created in this manner are named “Messaging Incident #xxxx: Subject”. For example, the name of the incident shown in the screenshot above might be “Messaging Incident #2650: Strange symbols appearing in chat conversation”. The case will be appropriately attributed to your agency. The first available member of the iCarol Support team will respond to the case and begin the investigation of the issue.
The benefit of submitting Messaging cases in this manner is that this tool conveys additional details about the specific Messaging conversation the user was addressing that helps the iCarol Support and Technical teams immensely when investigating issues. Some of the details conveyed include browsers being used, platforms being used, and whether the visitor was using a mobile device. The details can be extremely helpful in investigating and ultimately resolving an issue.
This quick and easy to use tool can be a benefit to you by conveying details “in the moment” so they are not forgotten. It can cut down or eliminate conversations or emails between the user who experienced the issue and an Admin user who wants to report the issue to iCarol Support. It can also mean that issues are reported faster, which could lead to faster investigation and resolution of the issue.
As always, if you have any questions about the Report Incident tool, or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact the iCarol Support team!
In June of 2014, we updated the online case management system in iCarol and requested that our clients use this system to submit questions, requests and issues to the iCarol Support Team, rather than sending an email. While sending emails to email@example.com is still permitted, submitting cases via the online case system has these benefits:
- Correctly attributes the case to an authorized Admin at the client Agency
- Ensures that clients are prompted to provide all details necessary to address the inquiry
- Keeps all communication, including past cases, in one place for easy reference
- Provides better information to our support team which will lead to improved response time and quality to the client
In order to use this tool, you will need to indicate who is a designated support contact at your agency. Two people can be set as support contacts, but this can be extended to five via a request to the support team. To set the designated support contacts, an Admin should follow these steps:
- Click Admin Tools in the left hand menu
- Click the Contacts tab
- Use the drop-down menus in the Support contacts section to choose a name
- Click the Save settings button at the top of the screen
We highly recommend that you consider an internal process whereby a small number of Admin users (between 2 and 5) are set as designated support contacts, and all iCarol questions, requests and issues are forwarded to these Admins first. You will likely find that some of the questions, requests or issues can be addressed without the need to escalate the issue to the iCarol support team. For example, it may be that someone just forgot how to complete a particular task in iCarol, and the Admin can provide instruction. If the Admin cannot answer the question, fulfill the request or address the issue, they can then submit a case to the iCarol Support Team using the online case management system.
To submit a case, follow these steps:
- Click Help in the left hand Menu
- Click the third link at the top of the Help screen, which states “Cases – Contact the iCarol Support Team”
- You will be presented with this screen:
- At the top, you will see a blue circle with a question mark; click on this for answers to common questions about the case management system. On the right hand side of the screen, you will see three filters; Open, Closed, and All. You can use these filters to filter which cases will display on the screen. You will also see an Export to Excel icon at the bottom of the screen. You can click on this icon to export the list of cases you have displayed on the screen.
- To create a new case, simply click the “Create new case button”. Please note that this button will only appear for those Admins who have been set as the designated support contacts. However, all Admins in your system can access the case system, and can read all the cases that have been submitted to iCarol either through the online case system or via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your screen will look like this:
- To begin, choose a reason for your case from the drop-down menu. The help tip provides definitions for all options in this list to help you choose to most appropriate one. Once you choose a reason, you will be presented with a second drop-down menu, to select the feature affected, or, said another way, the feature your case refers to. Here is what the screen looks like with both the reasons and feature affected drop-down menus displayed, and with selections made:
- Depending on which option you chose as your “reason”, you will be presented with a number of text fields to fill out. Here is what your screen will look like when you choose “Not working as expected” as your “reason”:
Just as in other places in iCarol, red asterisks indicate required fields. The first required field is the subject field. As indicated in the screen shot above, please give a clear, concise and descriptive subject, and avoid generalizations. For example, “iCarol issue” is not a good subject. “Cannot edit Caller Profiles” is a good subject. Regarding the other fields as seen above (Description, Examples, Who is affected and Browser and URL), please fill in the text fields with as much detail as you can regarding the question, request or issue you are submitting.
Also, screenshots or other documents that illustrate the issue or provide further detail or explanation about your question or request are extremely helpful. You can attach up to five documents to your case via the “Attachments or screen shots” section at the bottom of the case submission screen. Please note, you cannot paste screen shots into the text fields on the case submission screen. They must be saved as a document onto your computer, and then attached to the case. The more detail you provide when submitting a case, the easier it is for the support team (and technical team, if the case relates to a technical issue) to understand your case, complete a thorough investigation, and reply in a timely manner. If we require further details, this might delay resolution of the issue as we gather additional details from you. It is truly in your best interest to supply as many specific details as you can so your case can be addressed efficiently, effectively and quickly.
Call Report changes
If you would like to request some call report changes, please note that as of November 10, 2014, Admins can now access a vastly expanded tool to make these changes themselves. We encourage Admins to learn how to use this tool and to make call report changes themselves. If you would prefer the iCarol Support Team make these changes, please submit a case via the online case submission tool and choose “Settings, configuration and form changes” as your “reason”, and “Call report – Edit form” as the “feature affected”. These selections will cause your screen to look like this:
If you click the highlighted drop-down menu, you will find a list of your call reports. Choose the call report you would like to make edits to. You will then be presented with additional drop-down menus where you can choose the exact Category, Group and Field you would like to edit. You will also be given a text field to type in specific instructions about the edit you want to make. When you have finished outlining the edit you want made, you will click the “Append request to this case” button. You can then add another request, again using the drop-down menus to indicate very specifically the call report, category, group and field. This is what a call report change request might look like:
If you have a large list of edits to be made, you can also attach a document that outlines these changes. We request that the document include the same specifics that the case submission tool does, namely, that you indicate clearly which call report, categories, groups and fields need to be edited.
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the support team!