American Association of Suicidology Webinar: Autism Resources for Crisis Centers
On September 19th, 2018 at 12:00pm EST, the American Association of Suicidology (AAS) will hold a webinar titled “Autism Resources for Crisis Centers.” The webinar will be hosted by Autism & Suicide Committee Chair, Lisa Morgan, M.Ed. CAS, & Amelia Lehto, Crisis Center Division Chair, and moderated by Carla Patton. The goal of the webinar is to explain how to use resources specific to the autism community when an autistic person calls or texts a crisis line, as well as to describe how volunteers will use the resources to help autistic people. The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Autism friendly resources for crisis centers
- One page resource paper and supplemental pages
- Utilizing this resource in crisis centers setting
After the webinar participants will be able to:
- List the information on the one page resource and supplemental pages
- Describe how to identify and work with autistic people on a call or text crisis line
- Explain the benefit of addressing autism in their crisis centers
- Implement this resource for frontline use in your crisis center
There is no cost to attend for AAS members, and non-members can attend for just $10.
To learn more or register for this exciting learning opportunity, click here.
iCarol is your help line software company that is here to make your job easier as Executive Director or leader of a non-profit contact center. Whether you have a crisis, help or 211 referral line, we are here to help you help more people in your community. Read more…