Career Opportunity at Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
Partnership for Drug-Free Kids is currently seeking a Bilingual Helpline Social Worker/Addiction Specialist.
Below are the details about the position responsibilities and qualifications. Should you want more information about this opportunity, or if you’d like to apply, please reach out directly to Partnership for Drug-Free kids at the email listed below.
- Answer and document all helpline calls. We are seeking an individual to work a part-time (30 hours per week) evening and weekend schedule – onsite or from home – but can be flexible and consider a variety of schedule options in terms of the number of days per week, hours available, etc.
- Support parents / caregivers by: providing science-based information about teen substance use; helping parents understand their child’s problem and make a plan to address it; employing CRAFT principles of listening, communication and support; directing to appropriate services / resources as necessary
- Collect and record caller data, and handling after call follow-up
- Refer where appropriate to the Network’s parent coaching system
- Contribute clinical expertise to other members of the Partnership team as needed
- Respond to e-mails and electronic messages from Parents and Caregivers
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work, human services, or any closely related field — and a background in addiction treatment (substance abuse assessment and counseling)
- Ability to speak, read and write in English and Spanish
- Has experience in crisis intervention and aware of best practices in assessing for suicidality, homicidality as well as child neglect and abuse
- 2 years minimum of direct clinical or telephone helpline experience
- Prior experience in the substance abuse field
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to convey empathy and understanding to those in need
- Cultural awareness, sensitivity and counseling competency
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of iCarol reporting system
- Knowledge of CRAFT, familial interventions and/or motivational interviewing for substance use disorders.
- Familial/adolescent counseling experience a major plus
- Strong writing skills for answering emails, blog posts and parent follow-up.
- Crisis intervention/helpline/hotline/telephonic care experience
Helpline Social Worker/Addiction Specialist – Bilingual
Partnership for Drug-Free Kids helps families impacted by adolescent substance abuse and addiction. We are seeking a bilingual (English/Spanish) individual with a master’s degree in social work or a related field, and a background in addiction treatment for a grant-funded long term consulting assignment (approximately 3-4 months in length). This consulting role is an integral part of our Parent Support Network, with primarily responsibility for handling our toll-free telephone Helpline for parents and caregivers of kids involved with drugs and alcohol.
In addition to the Helpline, the Parent Support Network is composed of extensive, science-based resources for parents and families at www.drugfree.org and a new system of peer-to-peer parent coaching, which pairs trained parents who have experienced a child’s substance use disorder with parents whose kids are struggling now. The Parent Support Network relies heavily on the principles of Community Reinforcement and Family Training (CRAFT), which has been shown to be effective in helping the family members of someone involved with substance use in ways that produce positive outcomes for the person using, and for the family as well.
This consulting role will focus on the Helpline, answering the phones, documenting all call reports within the iCarol data collection/reporting system and directing families to services within their communities as well as Partnership if and when appropriate.
Additional Preferred Assets:
How to Apply:
The Partnership values diversity in our workforce and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. Please send your resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com No phone calls, please.
iCarol is your help line software company that is here to make your job easier as Executive Director or leader of a non-profit contact center. Whether you have a crisis, help or 211 referral line, we are here to help you help more people in your community. Read more…