Career Opportunity at Samaritans in Boston
Samaritans in Boston is hiring for a Director of the Crisis Services program (phone, chat and text). Here are the essential functions and requirements they are seeking:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Directly supervises the Text / Chat Manager, Volunteer Coordinators, Training Manager, Homeleaders, Interns and is ultimately responsible for all crisis services program related volunteers
- Supports all individuals involved in crisis service programs, insuring a productive and supportive environment for all members of the staff and volunteers
- Participates as a member of the agency’s management team and influences the development of the annual plan, including the establishment of crisis service goals
- Establishes and represents the agency in key relationships with other organizations – community, private and public and the media as approved by Executive Director and Chief Program Officer
- Participates in other Samaritans programs as appropriate
- Participates as a key member of the management team representing the agency appropriately within the suicide prevention field at city, state, regional, national and international levels
- Participates in board meetings and key agency events, representing the agency’s crisis service programs as appropriate
- Some travel may be required for industry related conferences as well as visits to other crisis service agencies, and for education and outreach presentations as necessary
- Flexibility in meeting demands and remaining positive during interactions is essential
- Flexibility in working hours appropriate for responsibility for all crisis services is required
- Successfully completes the Befriending and Text / Chat trainings
- Must possess strong communication skills, including the ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to board, staff, industry peers, volunteers, donors and others as required
- Ability to interact effectively with others and lead agency staff
- Resolving conflicts and internal issues appropriately
- Functions well as a member of a team
- MA or MS in a helping profession such as social work, counseling, psychology, etc… required.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of volunteer management experience required.
- Call center experience preferred
- Experience with volunteer events, volunteer recruitment and volunteer retention is required.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with others at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Computer skills in MS WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT required.
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
Interested parties should contact Ron White, Chief Program Officer .
Tags: Career Opportunities
Dana joined the iCarol team in 2013 after 12 years of direct service and administrative duties at a suicide prevention, crisis intervention, and empathetic listening helpline that also served as a 2-1-1 information and referral service. As the Communications and Social Media Manager at iCarol, you’ll find her presenting Webinars, Tweeting, Blogging, Facebooking, and producing other materials that aid helplines in their work.
In her spare time, Dana enjoys birdwatching, gardening, animal caregiving, and spending time with her family.