Career Opportunity at Samaritans in Boston
Samaritans in Boston is hiring for a Director of the Crisis Services program (phone, chat and text). Here are the essential functions and requirements they are seeking:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Directly supervises the Text / Chat Manager, Volunteer Coordinators, Training Manager, Homeleaders, Interns and is ultimately responsible for all crisis services program related volunteers
- Supports all individuals involved in crisis service programs, insuring a productive and supportive environment for all members of the staff and volunteers
- Participates as a member of the agency’s management team and influences the development of the annual plan, including the establishment of crisis service goals
- Establishes and represents the agency in key relationships with other organizations – community, private and public and the media as approved by Executive Director and Chief Program Officer
- Participates in other Samaritans programs as appropriate
- Participates as a key member of the management team representing the agency appropriately within the suicide prevention field at city, state, regional, national and international levels
- Participates in board meetings and key agency events, representing the agency’s crisis service programs as appropriate
- Some travel may be required for industry related conferences as well as visits to other crisis service agencies, and for education and outreach presentations as necessary
- Flexibility in meeting demands and remaining positive during interactions is essential
- Flexibility in working hours appropriate for responsibility for all crisis services is required
- Successfully completes the Befriending and Text / Chat trainings
- Must possess strong communication skills, including the ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to board, staff, industry peers, volunteers, donors and others as required
- Ability to interact effectively with others and lead agency staff
- Resolving conflicts and internal issues appropriately
- Functions well as a member of a team
- MA or MS in a helping profession such as social work, counseling, psychology, etc… required.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of volunteer management experience required.
- Call center experience preferred
- Experience with volunteer events, volunteer recruitment and volunteer retention is required.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with others at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Computer skills in MS WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT required.
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
Interested parties should contact Ron White, Chief Program Officer .
Tags: Career Opportunities
Dana joined the iCarol team in 2013 after 12 years of direct service and administrative duties at a blended 2-1-1/crisis intervention/suicide prevention center. As the Communications and Social Media Manager at iCarol, you’ll find her presenting Webinars, Tweeting, Blogging, Facebooking, and producing other materials that aid helplines in their work.