Career Opportunity with The Senior Alliance
The Senior Alliance, based in Wayne, Michigan, is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Program Manager – LMSW.
The Program Manager – LMSW will manage a team of employees with the goal of improving the lives of older adults who are socially isolated. Effectively focus the team on achieving individual and program performance goals. Continually train the team to effectively enroll patients, implement the agency’s Hearken model, properly document cases and coordinate resource referrals to proper agency staff. Work with agency’s fiscal and information technology staff to insure data integrity, proper programmatic billing and report production. Serve as the agency’s liaison to the program’s partners. This is a temporary role pending budget continuance.
Master’s in Social Work – Program Manager must be a Licensed Master’s Social Worker with experience in counseling
Minimum two years of experience in direct management of employees and programs, preferably in a professional environment. Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing projects and/or service delivery, including effectiveness in quality assurance/quality improvement activities with complex multi-year programs. Experience with business process, customer service, data management/flow mapping, interacting with high-level external stakeholders and community relations. Possess some understanding of database, system design, or application programming. Experience with Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) development, evidence-based diagnostic tools, and counseling. Familiarity with the aging network and community-based organizations is desirable.
Excellent interpersonal and group process skills. Is accurate, conscientious and flexible with attention to detail. Accepts direction, well organized, has the ability to meet deadlines and a willingness to work in a team environment. Is proficient with computers, including using data to generate meaningful queries and reports that help inform discussions regarding program effectiveness and future direction. Ability to develop collaborative partnerships with other agencies, draft documents for public distribution and make presentations on behalf of the agency. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Perform job functions with ethics, honesty and integrity. The Senior Alliance (TSA) is a non-profit 501c(3) where philanthropy on behalf of the agency is a requirement of all employees.
- Manage daily activities of Social Workers, Peer Mentors, Community Health Workers & Peer Volunteers and effectively address issues arising from client interactions;
- Work alongside Director of Programs to develop the Hearken model and any associated grant application
- Provide counseling to program clients;
- Review pre and post scores on all diagnostic tools used in the program to determine program successes and areas of improvement
- Ensure that all staff obtain and maintain required professional certifications when required;
- Implement a continual training and skill development program for program staff;
- Oversee data entry and documentation processes;
- Lead regularly scheduled team meetings to continually develop staff skills, provide programmatic performance feedback and foster interaction between team members focused on experience sharing;
- Develop and implement individual staff member and project work plans, as needed;
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication with program partners (both internal and external);
- Adhere to programmatic policies and procedures established with the program’s contractual partners;
- Work with Information Technology Specialist to maintain functionality of the program’s database;
- Work with the fiscal department to insure accurate and timely billing of programmatic activities;
- Be an advocate for older adults and an effective speaker at local, state and national forums;
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Clinical Officer, Director of Programs, or CEO.