Child Helpline International presents 10 years of data at the United Nations
On November 20, 2013 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, Child Helpline International presented their statistical findings after 10 years of receiving calls, emails, texts, and chats from children around the world. We were honored to have Shelley of the iCarol team on site to witness the momentous occasion.
Some highlights from their presentation that we thought you would find interesting:Abuse
- Over 4 million children and young people reported a form of abuse or violence
- Immediate or extended family commit 58% of the physical abuse reported
- 60% of abuse and violence were reported by girls
- Over 25% of school-related problems are due to bullying
- Most bullying takes place at school
- Over 30,000 contacts about cyber-bullying since 2011
- Over 60,000 contacts from children who were abandoned
- 220,000 children made contact because they needed food, resources, or financial aid
- 140,000 contacts from children having trouble accessing health services
- 40,000 contacts from children expressing an inability to access education
Want to see the full report? You can download it here.
Congratulations to Child Helpline International for 10 years of incredible service helping children all around the world.
iCarol is your help line software company that is here to make your job easier as Executive Director or leader of a non-profit contact center. Whether you have a crisis, help or 211 referral line, we are here to help you help more people in your community. Read more…