Celebrating Earth Day
At iCarol we want to create tools that assist helplines in saving time and money, but we also care about minimizing our impact on the environment. This Earth Day we’d like to highlight some of the ways that iCarol helps you go green and also increases your efficiency.
1. With Internal Chat your workers send typed messages to one another digitally; No more passing notes.
2. Email or Text your referrals to a client
3. Shred and recycle your paper follow-up schedule, just go to our follow-ups page to see who’s due for a call, when, and what staff member is making the call (or sending the text!)
4. When using a Call Report as an intake form that will be passed off to another agency, you can use the PDF feature to email the call report instead of printing it
5. Storing your volunteer and call data securely online reduces the need to print and store physical files, saving you paper and space
6. Specialized Exports create a Word or Excel file of just the resources you need and none of the ones you don’t
7. Online shift scheduling provides realtime updates so you don’t have to print or email new versions of your shift calendar with each change or picked up shift
8. Use the News feature to eliminate the need to print and post memos in the call center
9. Your Public Resource Directory allows the public to search, save, and map the resources they need so they can get what they want quickly and know where they are going
10. iCarol gives your organization more options for workers to complete tasks at home which means fewer vehicles on the road
11. You can note in a resource record the bus line or transit options for a resource making it easier for someone to consider public transit instead of driving
12. Automated Verification removes the need to mail or fax update requests
13. The electronic feedback loop in call reports eliminates the need for printed notes or other correspondence for feedback
How has iCarol helped you go green? Leave us a comment!
Dana joined the iCarol team in 2013 after 12 years of direct service and administrative duties at a suicide prevention, crisis intervention, and empathetic listening helpline that also served as a 2-1-1 information and referral service. As the Communications and Social Media Manager at iCarol, you’ll find her presenting Webinars, Tweeting, Blogging, Facebooking, and producing other materials that aid helplines in their work.
In her spare time, Dana enjoys birdwatching, gardening, animal caregiving, and spending time with her family.