Recent feature enhancements
We’ve enhanced a number of our features and opened up some new tools to your system Admins in recent weeks. Here’s a bit of a review.
Caller Profiles – We covered this in detail in an earlier blog, but to review, we’ve added some new tabs to your Repeat Caller Profiles that give you new tools that allow you to:
- Track recent referrals given to that caller
- List the follow-ups scheduled for that caller
- Track Public Resource Directory activity by a registered user via a Repeat Caller Profile
SMS Settings – For our clients who have multiple SMS portals, you can now adjust various settings for each portal. This is newly opened to Admin users as previously the iCarol Support and Technical Teams needed to make these types of changes for clients who have more than one portal. When you arrive on the SMS Settings page, be sure to select the correct portal from the drop down menu.
Once you select the proper portal you can edit things like:
- Your initial auto response – which should explicitly ask the visitor to give permission to text them as well as offering the “Opt Out” instruction
- Welcome message – if you’d like to send an additional auto message after the initial permission/opt out message
- Waiting in queue message – something to send to the visitor as they wait for the counselor to join
- Offline auto response – the message the visitor receives when they send a text but your agency is offline
- Pre-written messages – save your workers from having to type the same standard messages over and over again
Advanced Hyperlinks – Anywhere you find a Rich Text editor in iCarol (When editing the “Help Tip” text in a Call Report Form, or Description of a Resource Record, for example) you now have a bit more advanced hyperlinking tools.
- Choose your link type – URL vs. Email
- Choose your target – Will the link open in the same window, a pop up window, etc.
- Set other advanced settings
Resource Settings – We’ve opened up LOTS of settings for you under Admin Tools -> Resources that previously only our Support team could change for you. Just a few examples:
- Decide if you’d like to use a record type called “ProgramAtSite”
- Assign Coverage Areas to Site and ProgramAtSite records
- Choose which record types can be given as referrals
- Decide to hide the “Make Referral” button from your search results, i.e. you can only use the “Make Referral” button when viewing the details of a record
- Choose certain fields to display in your resource search results in addition to what is shown by default
This is really just scratching the surface, and many of these settings have Help Tips which will give you more information on how to use them. Of course if you have questions about how to use any of these enhancements, please do reach out to our Support team for help.
Dana joined the iCarol team in 2013 after 12 years of direct service and administrative duties at a blended 2-1-1/crisis intervention/suicide prevention center. As the Communications and Social Media Manager at iCarol, you’ll find her presenting Webinars, Tweeting, Blogging, Facebooking, and producing other materials that aid helplines in their work.