iCarol Helps You Go Green
At iCarol we’re delighted that our tools assist helplines in saving time and money, but we also care deeply about our impact on the environment. This Earth Day we’d like to highlight some of the ways that iCarol helps you go green.
1. Storing your volunteer and call data online with iCarol means reducing the need to print and store physical files, saving you paper and space
2. Online shift scheduling provides realtime updates so you don’t have to print or email new versions of your shift calendar with each change or picked up shift
3. Use the News feature to eliminate the need to print and post memos in the call center
4. iCarol gives your organization more options for workers to complete tasks at home which means fewer vehicles on the road
5. You can note in a resource record the bus line or transit options for a resource making it easier for someone to consider public transit instead of driving
6. Your Public Resource Directory allows the public to search, save, and map the resources they need so they can get what they want quickly and know where they are going
7. Specialized Exports create a Word or Excel file of just the resources you need and none of the ones you don’t
8. Automated Verification removes the need to mail or fax update requests
9. The electronic feedback loop in call reports eliminates the need for printed notes or other correspondence for feedback
10. When using a Call Report as an intake form that will be passed off to another agency, you can use the PDF feature to email the call report instead of printing it
How has iCarol helped you go green? Leave us a comment!
Dana joined the iCarol team in 2013 after 12 years of direct service and administrative duties at a blended 2-1-1/crisis intervention/suicide prevention center. As the Communications and Social Media Manager at iCarol, you’ll find her presenting Webinars, Tweeting, Blogging, Facebooking, and producing other materials that aid helplines in their work.