ONTX releases six months in review data
These past six months, the Ontario Online and Text Crisis Services program has been in a soft launch phase, and on Monday in their monthly newsletter they released some initial data for that period.
Some key findings:
- Total chats and texts through January 31: 4,700
- 73% of visitors are under 25 years old
- Interpersonal and mental health issues were the most common topics of discussion
- Visitors are reporting a decrease in distress following their chat
- 55% of visitors said they wouldn’t contact someone else if they couldn’t reach ONTX
For a full look at the released findings click here, and for future updates be sure to sign up for Distress and Crisis Ontario’s newsletter by emailing your request to .
We thank them for sharing these findings — we are often asked by others looking to add online emotional support to their service what they can expect. Data like this is very helpful as other prepare to make the critical shift of bringing their services online.