Security and Reliability
We understand that the information you need to store is sensitive and confidential, so we use extensive security measures to protect your organization’s data. You can also learn more about our hardware, software and networking infrastructure.
Here’s what we do to ensure your data is secure in iCarol:
- Our certified professionals monitor the site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- A rigorous security audit is performed periodically by an independent company that monitors over 75,000 websites daily. It’s the same standard that major financial institutions require to be able to do transactions with each other.
- iCarol has been available consistently over 99.9% of the time since we started monitoring in March 2005, including scheduled downtime for maintenance. Our uptime is measured every two minutes by an independent third party, SiteUpTime.com. In 2017, our uptime exceeded 99.972%. To put that in context, it averages out to only 24.2 seconds of down time per day, or a total of 2 hours, 27 minutes and 15.9 seconds for the entire year.
- Backups are performed on our systems every 15 minutes and held in a secure offsite location.
- For every iCarol server in operation, we have a fully functional running spare server connected to the internet in a geographically distant location, ready to take over in the unlikely event that it’s main server becomes unavailable.
- Your information is password protected and we use HTTPS and AES256 encryption.
- Your vital data is only viewable from authorized computers and your call and other contact record data containing identifiable information about your clients is encrypted and garbled in our database for viewing only by your authorized iCarol account holders.
- After a period of time, you can choose to have your call reports shredded automatically.
- We use advanced hardware and software firewalls to prevent electronic intrusions.
- All sign ons are subject to automatic timeouts after periods of inactivity, and are logged and audited
- iCarol complies with the European Union and United Kingdom Data Protection laws.
- Our team holds Microsoft Silver Competency in Application Development and CharityLogic is a Microsoft Partner.
iCarol takes your organization’s information and data security seriously, and security is always a top priority for our team.