Share your Chatboard, News, and Events Calendar with partners
One of the core components of iCarol Helpline Software is support for collaboration. We recognize that a large number of our users partner with other helplines in some way. It’s very common for independently operating hotlines within a state or province to be connected in a network. Perhaps they all answer a statewide number, or one of the helplines takes calls after-hours for the others. They may have a single province-wide database of resources that they all wish to share, or each region has its own that they want to be accessed by the others. Those are just a few examples of how helplines with their own separate iCarol systems work together, and our Call Report and Resource sharing features are widely used for these purposes.
In an effort to enhance and build on these partnerships further, we’ve recently extended sharing capabilities to three other areas of iCarol: News, Events, and the Chatboard. In much the same way it works for Call Reports and Resources, you can now have these areas of your iCarol system be viewable to your partners when they are signed in to their own iCarol system.
Here are just a few ideas on how you might use this:
- Create Admin and Supervisors Only Chatboard forums to share information about administering the collaborative.
- Create a Chatboard forum for all users to share tips and tricks, training information, or to build relationships between users in multiple iCarol systems.
- Create and share information among multiple iCarol users in a Disaster Event, while you load share call volume, or for other collaborative purposes.
- Create and share News and announcements with all users in multiple iCarol systems
- Share information about Events such as training opportunities, certification exams, fundraising activities and other important milestones with all users in multiple iCarol systems.
You could choose to share just one of these features with a partner, or share all three. There are some additional fees involved in enabling these features, so please contact our support team for more information and to get help turning on these capabilities.
Dana joined the iCarol team in 2013 after 12 years of direct service and administrative duties at a blended 2-1-1/crisis intervention/suicide prevention center. As the Communications and Social Media Manager at iCarol, you’ll find her presenting Webinars, Tweeting, Blogging, Facebooking, and producing other materials that aid helplines in their work.