Webinar – Federal COVID-19 Legislation: What do they mean for nonprofits?
Shared via National Council of Nonprofits:
In rapid succession over the last two weeks, Congress passed and the President signed two far-reaching pieces of legislation designed to provide relief to the American people and businesses – including nonprofits. Included in the provisions of these bills are major victories for nonprofits, operational relief, and new obligations.
On Tuesday, April 7 at 3:00 pm Eastern, the networks of the National Council of Nonprofits are hosting a national presentation to help all in the charitable community understand the various provisions of the two laws and what they mean for nonprofits.
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act created new workplace obligations for employers and expanded supports for individuals affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eight days later, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) authorized more than $2 trillion in spending to inject cash into the economy, businesses, and nonprofits. There is a great deal to unpack:
- Mandated paid sick and family leave and refundable payroll tax credits
- Generous loan funds for small (< 500 employees) and mid-size (between 500 and 10,000 employees) nonprofit employers; which program is best for your organization?
- Above-the-line or universal charitable deduction available for 2020
- Employee retention refundable tax credit
- Expanded unemployment and enhanced funding for social support programs
This webinar will share the latest analysis and information available at the time of the webinar, including translating new guidance and regulations from multiple federal agencies into nonprofit-friendly language, and answering the questions frontline nonprofits need resolved so they can keep their doors open and missions moving forward.
iCarol is not affiliated with this webinar and cannot endorse the content. Given the webinar agenda and its relevance for our customers, we wanted to share it with you in case you would like to attend.
Trackback from your site.